Luther tries to chronicle the building of his compressed earth block (CEB) shop and home in Ruidoso Downs, New Mexico.

Friday, December 08, 2006

It's December

I'm back to work after the Thanksgiving holiday. The following week we had a decent amount of snow which kept me from digging.


Once the snow melted and the ground dried a bit, I dug some more on the foundation trench, completing the north, west, and south sides. Before digging the north foundation trench, I decided to make blocks out of all the dry soil produced by the north, west, and south trenches. So for the past few days I've been making block. In the following photo you can see the truckload of pallets I scavenged for stockpiling the blocks and the tractor with the block machine.
Under the blue tarp to the right of the block machine is the stockpile of blocks. I think I have around 600 now.

No comments: